If you are interested in adoption, please fill out an application, or email us at email@example.com for more information! If you are looking for another dog you don’t see listed, please check out our Canine Connection program – which will match homeless dogs with adopters! All dogs are fully vetted (spay/neuter, vaccinated, dewormed, heartworm tested, on heartworm and flea/tick preventative and microchipped). Our dogs all live in foster homes after being pulled from shelters or surrendered to our organization. Dogs over 6 months of age are $150 and puppies are $175.
The adoption process for ONCR dogs is as follows:
- your application is received and reviewed (approx 3-5 days)
- your references checked (please advise your references to return our call/email asap) (approx 2-3 days)
- a home visit is conducted to meet the family and see where the dog will be living (depending on your location, 2-10 days)
- meet & greet with the dog (this can be done at same time as home visit)
- all adoptions begin with a two week trial (the check for adoption fee not cashed until trial period is over)
- adoption finalized! Happy Tails!
**Please note: We often receive several applications for each dog we have. This is especially true for puppies. Because we are an all volunteer group, not every application will be able to receive a home visit. If the application doesn’t indicate the family would be a good fit for that particular dog or puppy, one of our adoption coordinators will contact you to discuss other dogs that may be a better match. There are often applications from locations that we simply don’t have the time or resources to be able to conduct a home visit, especially quickly. If at all possible, we will do our very best. We try to have volunteers in areas within 2 hours of Burlington and Alamance County. With also work with other rescues that will sometimes do home visits for us. Thank you for your understanding.